Advice For New Campers
Our camp family is growing and we’re excited to welcome more than 25 new campers this summer. We know it can be hard to wait until you get to camp to figure out exactly what camp will be like, so we want to share with you some words of advice from our veteran campers. Here they are!
- Be yourself, camp is a place where you can be you and don't have to worry about judgement.
- Make friends...camp friends are friends for life!
- Don't be afraid to ask questions to your counselor or other campers, they're there for you!
- Respect everyone at camp and most of all, have fun.
- Pack costumes even if you think you won't wear them. Better to pack and not use than to wish you had packed them!
- Don't be nervous, there's nothing to worry about. The first day we all hang out and make name tags to get to know each other right away. And, you'll have your own counselor to help you with whatever you need and whatever activity you want to do.
- Relax and enjoy the time away.
- Watch out for pranks and try out every activity at least once, who knows, you may even like it!
- Pack really well, it's always hotter or colder than what you've planned for, so come prepared for both.
- Just do it!
For more information about camp before you arrive, check out our Camper FAQs. But don't worry, when you arrive at Camp Promise you will quickly learn the ins and outs of camp life. Plus, your counselor and new friends will help you as you go. You'll be a pro in no time!
--Post by Libby Brockman